It will not take much longer… Keukenhof will open its doors officially for public on the 23rd of March! This is the time to see all the beautiful bulbs blooming and spotting all the new flower bulbs on the market. Keukenhof is the best day out among the flowers. This spring, there are 7 million bulbs in total that will bloom, with around 800 varieties of tulips. A unique and unforgettable experience. When are you going to visit Keukenhof?
The Keukenhof theme of 2017 is “Dutch Design”. Dutch Design is characterized by Dutch simplicity combined with innovative solutions. Famous artists and designers such as Mondriaan and Rietveld, have laid the foundations for Dutch design. Even today, Dutch designers are appreciated worldwide for their industry-leading designs in fashion, graphic design, architecture and furniture. Dutch Design is also incorporated in the flower bulbs mosaic, one of the highlights of the theme year. In addition, the flower shows in the Oranje Nassau Pavilion are entirely in the style of Dutch Design. Two of the inspirational gardens are also dedicated to the theme: the Mondriaan Garden with its primary square color patches will be a great attraction to the international public.
Flower shows Keukenhof
As many as 500 growers present their prize blooms to inspire flower arrangers to use in the bulbs their unique shows. Not all the flowers are outside: the pavilions are also packed with flowering bulbs, cut flowers and pot plants. Curious about the dates of the flower shows in Keukenhof? We will give you an overview.
- 23 March – 28 March Tulipshow: Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 30 March – 4 April Freesia show: Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 23 March – 21 May Anthurium show: Beatrix Pavilion
- 23 March – 21 May Orchids show: Beatrix Pavilion
- 23 March – 21 May Amaryllis show: Willem-Alexander Pavilion
- 23 March – 21 May Bulb-on-pot show: Willem-Alexander Pavilion
- 23 March – 21 May Potted plants show: Willem-Alexander Pavilion
- 6 April – 11 April Gerbera show: Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 13 April – 18 April Roses show: Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 20 April – 25 April Daffodils and Special Bulbs show: Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 27 April – 3 May Alstroemeria show: Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 5 May – 14 May Chrysanthemum and Calla show: Oranje Nassau Pavilion
- 10 May – 21 May Lily show: Willem-Alexander Pavilion
- 16 May – 21 May Carnation and Summerflowers show: Oranje Nassau Pavilion
Ruigrok Flowerbulbs at Keukenhof
We have been part of the flower shows at Keukenhof for more than 50 years now, exposing our newest additions and species to the public every year. This year we will be at plot number 33, showing our flowers and bulbs and at the Oranje Nassau Pavilion, where our new species will be on display. We hope to see you there!
Early spring colors
The first flowers are starting to bloom and we have spotted the first daffodils and hyacinths in Keukenhof already. Keukenhof is the garden for all kinds of flower bulbs. Tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, lilies… What is your favorite flower? Ruigrok Flowerbulbs is one of the largest flower bulb growing and exporting companies in the world. We are your partner for all your flowerbulbs.